BSCW helps you to send an email message to an ad-hoc selection of the members of a workspace:
• Click the icon next to the name of the workspace to display its members’ page.
• Click Edit Select all and/or the individual check boxes to select the members to be included in your ad-hoc mailing list.
• Click (Email) in the multi-selection toolbar to bring up your Web browser’s message composition form.
BSCW will already have entered the primary email addresses of the users on your ad-hoc mailing list into the ‘To:’ field. You may enter additional email addresses or select them from your browser’s address book.
For sending messages to members of one of your workspaces you may also use a BSCW internal action. Depending on the configuration of your BSCW server, you can send email and/or fax messages. Here you may also use your BSCW address book for entering addresses.
• After having selected the members that you want to send a message to as described above, click on (Send Email) in the multi-selection toolbar.
• The ‘Send Email’ form already shows the primary email addresses of the members selected in the ‘To:’ field. You may enter further email addresses either manually or by selection from your address book that is shown when you click on one of the [To:], [Cc:] or [Bcc:] buttons. Enter subject and body of your message and confirm with [OK] to send the message.
• You may choose between sending an email or a fax by using the respective buttons [Send Fax] and [Send Email]. When sending a fax, you may also make use of your address book by clicking the [Fax-No:] button.
You may also send email messages to contacts in a contact list – provided that email addresses have been entered for these contacts.
• Open a contact list and check the contact entries that you want to send an email message to.
• Click (Send Email or Email) in the multi-selection toolbar to send the message as described above for members of a workspace.