You may send BSCW objects and their complete contents to the members of a workspace and other people as well. The BSCW objects are sent as attachments of an email or via fax. When you send the objects via email you may also send links to the objects instead of sending the objects themselves in an attachment. Think of this possibility especially when sending large documents.
• Click the individual check boxes to select the objects that you want to send and click (Send Email) in the multi-selection toolbar.
• In the ‘Send Email’ form you may specify recipients, subject and body of your message; the objects that are sent as attachments are listed below.
• Use the [Add members] button to add all members of your current workspace to the ‘To:’ field. Use [Remove members] to remove them again. You may make use of your address book by clicking the [To:], [Cc:] and [Bcc:] buttons.
• Use the option ‘Send as attachment to all recipients’ if you wish to attach the objects to your email message. Avoid this option if your documents are large or if you want to keep track of who actually will read the documents.
an option ‘Send as link ...’ if you wish to avoid email attachments. If you send
links also to non-members of the workspace, these non-members will have read
access to the objects only for the time span indicated.
The option ‘Send as link to workspace members only’ ensures that no one but workspace members with the right to read will be able to access your objects: non-authorized recipients will be removed from the recipients’ lists and will not be sent an email at all (in this case, a warning will appear before the message is actually sent).
• You may also choose to send the objects via fax by clicking [Send a Fax]. For obvious reasons, you can only send documents via fax which you could also send via fax outside of BSCW.
Note: The action (Send Email) is only available when your BSCW server has been configured for email or fax distribution by your BSCW administrator.