You can change your password whenever you want.
• Select Options Change Password in order to enter your new password.
• Fill in the ‘Change Password’ form and click [OK]. Now you are asked to register with the new password.
If you have forgotten your password, you cannot access your BSCW workspaces any more – and, of course, you cannot change your password as described above.
For exactly this case of emergency, BSCW provides a specific procedure to assign a new password without having to provide the old one:
• Open the registration page of your BSCW server (on FIT’s public BSCW server this is http://public.bscw.de/pub) and click [reregister].
• Enter one of the email addresses which BSCW has already associated with your user name (e.g., your primary email address) and submit the form.
• BSCW will send a message to that address, which contains the URL of a form that allows you to enter a new password.